There is perhaps no more overwhelming experience than writing an obituary for a recently deceased family member. It forces people to come to grips with the fact that a loved one is no longer with them. As you’re undoubtedly aware, newspapers publish daily obituaries to announce deaths in the community, but what fewer people know is that it’s possible for them to have the funeral home of their choice help them with the process of writing the obituary that they want. With resident families understandably overwhelmed, the assistance that Surprise, AZ funeral homes can provide with the obituary writing process can be invaluable. Such a service may bring welcome relief to families who are beset with strong emotions, and as such, may be incapable of writing the obituaries they truly want.
An obituary can be written entirely by the funeral home that is handling the care of the deceased. This service is often performed for free, though that’s not guaranteed, as every funeral home is different. Before making any funerary arrangements, customers should check with prospective funeral homes to ascertain what price, if any, the provider charges for writing an obituary.
Obituaries can range from brief biographical notes to more elaborate stories that explore the character of the deceased. Regardless of the obituary’s length, you’ll want to submit the following information to the Surprise, AZ funeral homes you’re working with…
- The deceased’s full name and date of birth.
- The announcement of the death and the date it occurred on.
- Important events in the deceased’s life. These can include his or her career, schools attended, hobbies, and so on.
- The deceased’s survivors, such as spouses, children, etc. These people should be mentioned by name.
- Any family members who may have died before him or her.
- The time and place of any scheduled services, such as a funeral, a viewing of the body, a burial, and so on. The obituary should be released a few days beforehand.
- The name of any charitable organization the deceased may have wished mourners to give donations to in his or her name.
- Any other information you might wish to provide, such as if the family requests financial assistance for the funeral service.
Once this basic information is provided, your funeral provider will organize it into a succinct passage. Beware that some newspapers might have restrictions on obituaries, such as how long they can be.
If you’re considering obituary services for Surprise, AZ funeral homes, contact Sean and Cynthia Thompson at the Thompson Funeral Chapel. With decades of experience as funeral directors, they’ll provide you with service that is professional and tender. They’ll fulfill your wishes by writing exactly the kind of obituary you want to dedicate to the memory of your loved one. Contact them at (623) 932-1780. The Thompson Funeral Chapel is located at 926 S Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85338. Its crematory, Simply Cremation, can be found at 16952 W Bell Rd #303, Surprise, AZ 85374.