What Is The Main Purpose Of A Funeral Home?
What are the questions that you need to ask a funeral director when you are preparing for end-of-life services for your loved ones? If you don’t know much about the funeral and cremation industry in Litchfield Park, AZ, then it can be a challenge to understand your options. Not only do you need to look at the bigger picture, such as the final resting place. But, you also need to consider the needs of the people who will attend the event.
At Thompson Funeral Chapel, we have many years of experience in the funeral industry. Our team can anticipate your needs to determine the details that need to be addressed for the funeral or memorial. We are working hard to offer more than basic funeral services. Our goal is to listen to your requests and design a funeral to match your funeral planning and grief resources preferences.
Are There Considerations for Funeral and Cremation Planning in Litchfield Park, AZ?
When you meet with our experienced team, we will ask specific questions to learn more about your goals and preferences. We want to understand your custom requests and identify the best way to direct the conversation to meet the needs of your family. Here are a few thoughts that might be discussed during the conversation:
- Care for the Body: What is the right care plan for the body after it is brought to the funeral home? Different treatments are required depending on the type of services that you choose. For example, embalming might not be necessary if you are going to have a direct cremation. But, this service is suggested if you are planning to hold a viewing before the funeral.
- Casket or Cremation: You need to evaluate how you want to have the person laid to rest. It is common for families to invest in a nice casket that will be placed in a local cemetery where families are sending flowers. This tradition is to bury the person in the local plot with other family members. But, some people prefer the cremation process instead of a casket because of its affordable cremation costs.
- Final Resting Place: The casket will need to be placed in a cemetery. On the other hand, cremation makes it possible to choose a unique resting place if desired. The cremated remains can be scattered in the location of your choice. Or, you might choose to bury the ashes in the family plot if you want to maintain the tradition of having a headstone that can be visited in the future.
- Gathering for Family and Friends: Do you want to plan ahead an event where friends and family can gather to pay their respects? A funeral is standard practice in the local culture. But, the prevalence of memorials or Celebrations of Life are increasing in popularity. There is no reason why you need to stick with a basic funeral if you would rather celebrate the person’s life differently.
- Event Venue: The location of the event can impact the feeling of the gathering. You might consider the option to hold the funeral in a church or funeral home if you are looking for a semiformal meeting. Or, choose an outdoor location if you prefer a lighthearted gathering for a memorial.
- Other Funeral Services: In addition to the big decisions listed above, there are many other funeral services that you might consider. For example, our team can help with special ceremonies for military honors. Other common funeral home services are focused on the documentation, paperwork, and permits that are required when a person passes away.
One of the benefits of choosing our team at Thompson Funeral Chapel is the flexibility that you have to design a funeral that is right for your family. We encourage you to consider customizations for funeral and cremation planning in Litchfield Park, AZ. We want to be sure that you are satisfied with the results, so we are always working hard to optimize the system and reduce your stress at the same time.
Should You Learn About Funeral Planning?
Education is the most powerful resource that you can gain when you are evaluating the options for your funeral planning and grief resources that are offered in the industry. As you learn about the services that are available, then you will feel empowered to make the decisions that support the goals of your family.
The easiest solution to gather this information is to schedule a consultation with our experienced staff. We provide information online so that you can evaluate the offerings in the industry. Then, this face to face meeting provides a unique way for you to select the services that are right for the funeral plan.
For more information, contact us about funeral and cremation planning in Litchfield Park, AZ. At Thompson Funeral Chapel, we are here to support your goals and preferences. You are welcome to visit our funeral home to see the facilities that are offered: 926 S Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85338. Or, call us to set an appointment: (623) 932-1780