How Tolleson, AZ Funeral Homes Can Help You Write an Obituary
There are many things you’ll need to do in the aftermath of the death of a loved one. The remains need to be treated with care, funeral arrangements need to be made, and wills need to be implemented. The last thing that any family needs during this process is more worry. Yet, the task of writing and publishing an obituary can be confusing and might add more stress at a time when it sorely isn’t needed. Thankfully, though, some of the Tolleson, AZ funeral homes that you’re looking at can help you with the task of writing an obituary. You should ascertain whether this service is available before you make a final decision on a funeral home.
Most funeral homes will provide obituary writing services for free to their customers. Make sure you check this beforehand, however, since not all will do so. To take advantage of the service, all you need to do is submit the following information to your chosen funeral home.
- The name and date of birth of your deceased loved one.
- An announcement that this person’s death has taken place on a particular date.
- A list of the things that were important in the life of your deceased loved one. These things might include his or her alma mater, hobbies, career, interests, etc.
- The names of any family members who survived this person.
- The names of any family members who may have predeceased this person.
- The date and location of the upcoming funeral or memorial service. The obituary will be released a few days beforehand.
- Whether the deceased wished for any donations to a charitable cause in his or her name.
- Any additional information that you think will be noteworthy for the obituary, such as whether the family is requesting financial assistance for the upcoming funeral or memorial service.
Once this information is known, the funeral director will organize it into a proper obituary and then submit it to the local newspapers for publication. These obituaries can vary in length. Some might simply explain the basic information. Other obituaries can be a far more elaborate biography. Do take note, however, that some publications have limits on the length of the obituaries which they will accept.
If you have any further questions about how Tolleson, AZ funeral homes can help you write an obituary for your deceased loved one, please don’t hesitate to contact Sean and Cynthia Thompson of the Thompson Funeral Chapel. With decades of experience as funeral directors, both of them are very familiar with writing obituaries for their customers, and will be happy to provide this service to you, to help make what is undoubtedly a difficult time just a little bit easier on you and your family. You can contact them by calling (623) 932-1780. The Thompson Funeral Chapel is located at 926 S Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85338. Its crematory, Simply Cremation, can be found at 16952 W Bell Rd #303, Surprise, AZ 85374.